Thank you for choosing the Riverside Outpatient Surgery Center.
The Riverside Outpatient Surgery Center is a 19,975 sq. ft. outpatient surgery center located at 2240 North Bank Drive in Columbus, Ohio 43220. It consists of pre-operative holding area, 6/400 sq. ft. operating rooms, 1/minor procedure room, a post anesthesia care unit, and a sterile processing area. The majority of surgical services are provided to the adult patient. Annually the Center performs approximately 6,400 surgical procedures. The physician staff are members of the medical/dental staff of Riverside Outpatient Surgery Center. The personnel include registered nurses, purchasing coordinator, sterile processing technicians, anesthesia technician, registration interviewers/surgical clerk specialists, secretary, business office manager, biller and financial counselors.
The Riverside Outpatient Surgery Center is owned by physicians and OhioHealth. The physician who referred you to our surgery center may have ownership interest in this facility. You are free to choose another facility in which to receive the services that have been ordered by your physician. A list of center investors is available upon request.
The Center is open Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To improve the health of those we serve.
The purpose of the Outpatient Surgery Center is to deliver quality, individualized patient care in a cost-effective manner throughout the preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative phases of the scheduled surgical procedure.
We compassionately honor the dignity and worth of each person. Our organizational culture reflects and encourages kindness, individual integrity, individual potential, enabling partnerships, and just allocation of ambulatory resources.
We believe that ambulatory surgery patients should expect to receive:
- Cost effective, convenient, efficient care
- Care consistent with accepted standards of practice, recognizing the patients right to be active participants in their plan of care
- Succinct perioperative education involving family/significant others
OBJECTIVES OF THE OUTPATIENT SURGERY CENTER
- To provide patient care emphasizing a wellness perspective
- To serve as the patients advocate in safe guarding his human dignity and legal rights as listed in the Patient Rights Policy & Procedure.
- To provide patients with the information, explanations, and reassurance necessary to accept surgical intervention and associated nursing care.
- To provide health team members in scheduling, admitting, operating and recovery rooms, with the information necessary to provide individualized patient care.
- To provide a safe, comfortable, and emotionally reassuring environment for patients and their family members/significant other.
- To provide perioperative care that assures the patient of the optimal health maintenance level possible before, during, and after surgery.
- To provide diverse kinds of pre-postoperative and discharge instructional materials, to meet individual patient needs.